How to apply multiple effects at the same time

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Hi,

Nice work with this library.  This is really helps me make things simplier for my project.

I have a question regarding the sample project.  You are able to apply multiple effect at the same time.  But i just can't figure how you manage to do this by analyzing the source code.

On my side, i do something like this:

Control.Effect = myEffect;

But there is not EffectGroup or something like it used to be with BitmapGroupEffect.  So i am a bit lost on how i can achieve this.

Thanks for the help!
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Hi,
If you look at the sample, I use a pretty lame hack... I embedded borders that wrapped the original element so I could apply effects..   You are right that there is no EffectGroup with HLSL effects..  so this workaround did it for me..  

Cheers,
Jaime
Feb 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Hi,

I see, that should do the trick indeed.

thanks for your reply.
Mar 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM
Hi Jaime,

Thank you so much for these wonderful effects..You have made our life so much easier!
I have one question though..Similar to the above question but since am trying out effects on a example appln,would need your advise.

Am trying to add more than effect on an image..for example

<Image.Effect>

<eff:ContrastAdjustEffect

Brightness="{Binding ElementName=bVal, Path=Value}"

Contrast="{Binding ElementName=cVal, Path=Value}"/>

</Image.Effect>

I wuld like to add MagnifyEffect along with its properties and few more effects..How do it do it?Because Image.Effect would not allow me to add more than one effect.

Thanks for the liibrary again..